Titan Comics is pushing its recently acquired Assassin’s Creed license with two new ongoing series.
Debuting this week is the rather confusingly titled Assassin’s Creed, by franchise veteran Antony Del Col and Conor McCreery (Kill Shakespeare). This series follows conspiracy theorist Charlotte de la Cruz, who is enlisted by the Assassins in order to access the genetic memory of Tom Stoddard, an Assassin ancestor who was offing people during the Salem witch trials.
Titan is celebrating the inevitable overkill with some of its own, in the form of a dozen variant covers, most of which are retailer exclusive:
- Barnes & Noble variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Books a Million variant by Yishan Li
- Diamond UK variant by Ashley Marie Witter
- Hastings variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Fan Expo variant by Jamie Tyndall
- Forbidden Planet / Jetpack variant by Lee Garbett
- Larry’s Comics variant by Angel Hernandez (colour)
- Larry’s Comics variant by Angel Hernandez (B/W)
- Gamestop variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Newbury Comics variant by Elena Casagrande
- Yesteryear Comics variant by Jamie Tyndall
- Hot Topic variant by Rachel Stott
If you’re more into black trenchcoats than white hoodies, there’s even better news: the second ongoing series, entitled Assassin’s Creed: Templars, will hit stores in early 2016 and be written by Fred Van Lente (Marvel Zombies, Iron Man) with art by Dennis Calero (Cowboys & Aliens, X-Men Noir). No plot details just yet.
On a related note, Titan Comic will also be publishing a 5-part Deus Ex series next March, based on the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, by Alex Irvine (Iron Man, Daredevil) and Marco Turini.